HAY CHIX® FREE UP FEEDER
The Patented Free-Up Feeder is great for stall hay feeding and swings open to fill in less than 30 seconds! The metal Free-Up Feeder Frames features safe, rounded corners, and the perfect hardware (designed by Hay Chix®) to make it easy to use.
Ideal for: Streamlining chores. Use in stalls, trailers, lean-tos, turn outs, panels, fences or on barn walls. Works indoors & outdoors! It holds about 1/2 of a small square bale (4-6 flakes.)
- Includes: Frame, Half Bale Net, Hardware (Quick Latch 2.0), Quick Latch Pin & Installation Instructions.
- Warning: We do not recommend use with horned animals, horses with blankets or non-breakaway halters. Nets may be used with shod horses, but must be used with a hay ring that is flush with the ground or hung high enough so the horse cannot paw at it. Nets may be used with blankets as long as the buckles are covered or there is a barrier between the netted bale and the blanket.
Frame comes in a 12" x 24" size or for a larger opening order the 24" x 24" frame.
How to pick the net size?
- 1 3/4 Heavy - The original 1 3/4 is recommended for most horses who are in good condition or are harder keepers.
- 1 1/4 Slow Feed Size - IF you have a horse that is an easy keeper or overweight, the 1 1/4 is a great option.
- 1 1/4 Heavy Slow Feed Size - IF you have a horse that is an easy keeper or overweight that is also an aggressive eater.