HAY CHIX® LARGE BALE NET - 6'
Get the net that started it all! Take control of your large round and large square bales and get at least 94% of hay out of every bale with the Hay Chix® Large Bale Net 6'! With less hay waste, you'll save both time and money.
- Ideal for: Use in the field, pasture, paddock or with a feeder like the Hay Hut, Bale Barn, Century Livestock Feeder, AGI Feeder, Priefert Feeder, Tartar Feeders, etc.
- This is our most popular net size, the Large Bale Net 6' will fit up to a 6' x 6' foot bale, as well as smaller bales such as 4' x 5' or 5' x 5' bales. (Using a 6' net on bales this size will not cause safety issues or impede your animal's ability to eat from the net.)
- This net will also fit large square bales: 4' x 4' x 8' and 3' x 3' x 9' in size.
- Warning: We do not recommend use with horned animals, horses with blankets or non-breakaway halters. Nets may be used with shod horses, but must be used with a hay ring that is flush with the ground or hung high enough so the horse cannot paw at it. Nets may be used with blankets as long as the buckles are covered or there is a barrier between the netted bale and the blanket.
How to pick the size/weight?
- 1 3/4 Original Size - The original 1 3/4 is recommended for most horses who are in good condition or are harder keepers.
- 1 1/4 Slow Feed Size - IF you have a horse that is an easy keeper or overweight, the 1 1/4 is a great option.
- 2 1/2 Large Stock - Great for cattle!
- Heavy Duty Options - You can get either size in Heavy Duty if your horse is an especially aggressive eater.
Watch this video to see how to tie the net closed properly: Watch Here!